Hillside Cottage Thrumpton: Stylish Bed and Breakfast in rural Nottinghamshire
Britain's premier Bed and Breakfast guide
Hillside Cottage offers Bed & Breakfast in four delightful rooms in the village of Thrumpton, Nottinghamshire UK
When you are looking for a more comfortable, modern and luxurious alternative to staying in a hotel, look no further than Hillside Cottage in Thrumpton. Offering exceptionally spacious accommodation in a welcoming and homely environment, with the privacy and peacefulness offered in its own a unique setting of 14 acres, surrounded with open countryside and woodland, yet only a 10 minute drive from Nottingham City Centre.
We offer luxurious executive accommodation, with the added extras of free Wi-Fi, Freeview TV, Tea & Coffee, and a range of Toiletries, located in a private and convenient location at competitive prices. Our aim is to look after you, in the way you want to be looked after, whilst away from home yet in a home from home environment.
We offer all our Bedrooms and Dining Room on the ground floor, with the exception of the Bridal Suite.
The Byron Suite
Our largest ground floor room with its own front door, offered with Super King bed/Twin plus 2 guest beds for the added bonus for those wishing for a Family Room. With En-suite and French Doors leading out to a private Courtyard.
The Thrumpton Room
Our King-sized bedded room also located on the ground and also with its own front door, offered King Size bed. Located next door to the Byron Suite and again with En-suite and French Doors leading out to a private Courtyard.
The Manor View Our large King-sized bedded room also located on the ground, but located within the main body of the house. Enjoying the comforts of its own En-suite and large Bay Window for views across open farmland.
The Bridal Suite
Our luxurious Super King Bedded room is offered in our First Floor room, with breath taking views over open countryside and woodland beyond. With a spacious En-suite with Jacuzzi bath, and Juliette balcony.
Here the private dining room welcomes you, overlooking our south facing garden and many fruit trees. A bright and vibrant space to enjoy both and early morning Breakfast or your Evening Meal.
Courtyard and Gardens
Our comfortable courtyard and garden area, delicately illuminated all-round to enable you to enjoy the surroundings with Table and Chairs for relaxation.
Rest assured your vehicle has an abundance of space with secure parking due to our remote location.
So, why not book yourself a room and take a well-earned rest and give yourself time to recharge your batteries, and enjoy a little bit of peace and tranquillity?
Need help with anything? Restaurant recommendations? Advice on your journeys in and around Nottingham? Collection from the train station or the Airport? No trouble at all!
Positioned in a quiet and peaceful location just minutes away from Junction 24 of the M1 Motorway and from East Midlands Parkway railway station offering direct access to London in 1 hour 46 minutes.
Only 8 minutes away is the East Midlands Airport and Donington Park race circuit, with Nottingham, Derby and Loughborough also easily accessible.
Surrounded by open countryside, the cottage offers very peaceful, warm spacious and comfy accommodation with pleasant outlooks over fields and woodland.
Ample parking is available for all our guests, together with the option of leaving your vehicle here whilst you jet away on holiday from East Midlands Airport when you book our Sleep and Fly package.
- East Midlands Parkway Railway Station 4 mins – only 1hr 46mins to London St Pancras.
- Donington Park motor racing circuit: 8 mins away.
- East Midlands Airport 8 mins. We offer our Sleep & Fly package, for just an additional £35 to any full room rate.
- Recommended by Thrumpton Hall, exclusive Wedding venue: 3 mins with a return or collection service from only £5 per room each way.
- South west of Nottingham city centre with easy access within 10 mins max for Sutton Bonington University Campus, Clifton Campus, Boots Plc, Imperial Tobacco, British Gypsum, EON Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station.
- PARK & TRAM RIDE Located 2 miles away. Offering FREE parking for Nottingham Tram Network and transfers to East Midlands Airport.
- All major credit/debit cards accepted (not Diners)
- Dogs welcome (£5 per booking)
- High Chair available
- Travel Cot available (£5 per booking)
- No age restriction on children - babies and toddlers welcome
- Child classed as under 16
- NO SMOKING in any part of building
- Check in from 4pm to 8pm. Check out by 11am